22.12.10

The Only Way for The Spell To Be Broken, Is If A Man of Pure Heart Pledged His Love...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The costumes and cinematography of the movie Black Swan has to be some of the best of 2010! Darren Aronofsky never ceases to amaze me with his ability to turn reality into a surreal mind-binding universe that I'm intrigued to encounter but once there I'm not sure if I made the right choice. He's one filmmaker that inspires me to want to venture into the world of film. I love all of the possibilities and dreams he brings to life. Most of his movies are so obscure that they need a second, and perhaps, third watch. However, in the midst of obscurity, the films themselves are an art-form! I have yet to watch the movie, but I have been a bit mystified by the trailer! 

Photobucket

Ballet is one of the most beautiful expressions of dance in existence. There's something so gorgeous about pointe shoes, fluidity and ornate costumes. Yet, there is something haunting about the discipline one needs to employ to achieve the body and skill to balance your weight on your toes. The life of a ballerina seems a bit like a surreal fairy tale to me. I love the thought of incorporating little details from this world into fashion to give it a bit of a whimsical feel. Ballet flats, blouses,dresses or skirts with a bit of lace and tulle, a minature tiara, and perhaps (if you're daring) a masquerade mask and dramatic gothic makeup would be an ideal for an outfit inspired by Black Swan!

Have you seen the movie? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails