6.10.10

Twenty-Five before Twenty-Six: Wardrobe Renew

      Photobucket

Twenty-Five before Twenty-Six is a segment of Forelsket where I'll discuss all of my top dreams, aspirations, and goals that I would love to accomplish before I turn twenty-six.

First goal up: Wardrobe Remix.

Coming up, I've been kind of a plain-jane. I love certain aspects of fashion, even more so as I get older, and there are loads of adventurous bits that I've been wanting to try over the years, but have been sort of afraid to step out in. I want 25 to be the end of me taking others' opinions into consideration. 

Photobucket

If I could label myself (in my mind up until this point) I would say that I'm a mix between Nylon Magazine and Lula.  

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

On the Nylon aspects, I adore having a bit of an edge. I love wearing glasses (Raybans, or even the 'nerdy kind') for no reason. I love bright colors, and to look like I've just thrown something together that works. I love the confidence that the fashion in this magazine exudes. You wear what you want, what makes you happy, and feel beautiful, and refuse to be bothered with the rest. I love converses in every shape and form. I've been excited to try the shorts and patterned stocking look with Doc Martens, converses, or even for an interesting twist, a pair of oxfords. I love petit blazers, and pins for the lapels. I love funky hair, all types, but for me, an interesting Bob with a streaked bang or something of the sort would do! I love vintage t-shirts. I would love of a pair of worn cowboy boots, and I would love a leather biker jacket. I love being chill, yet stylish.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

On the other hand, the Lula in me loves bows. I love girly, flowing blouses. I love aire of romance to clothing. I love Alice in Wonderland-esque accessories (and really any accessory that is playful, eclectic and that tells a story). I love baby doll dresses, and glamming it up with heart shaped bodices. I love pencil skirts, and cool collars. Oxfords, Mary Janes, and flats with character. I love curls, and vintage hair styles. I adore cat-eyeliner, and platform heels. I love kitten heels, and peek-a-boo toes. I  adore rhinestones, and rose earrings. I adore big vintage buttons, Marie Antoinette, Jane Austen, and Costume Dramas. I love dresses in interesting colors like Aquamarine and yellow.

There's probably a lot more to be added to the list, what with fashion evolving daily! But, this is more of a picture of what I would like to see myself become on a more consistent basis. If any of you have seen the MTV show MADE, this is my MADE! 

I know I want to be eclectic, and stand out as my own person. And also, 'the artist writer' in me would like to look more like I use my imagination!

I'm growing to a point where I'm seeing fashion as less of a shallow practice, and more of an art. It's another aspect of life to cultivate, explore, and define in your way. It's like your name, how you like your tea, or the little projects you dedicate yourselves to. It's one of the ways you give off to the world that you love yourself, and are comfortable in the skin that God blessed you with!


Source: We Heart It















4 comments:

  1. Fashion is a perfect way to describe your personality. I love that you enjoy two different styles so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a profound post and I should really be commenting with something at least moderately profound, but all I can think is LULA LULA LULA. I've wanted that magazine for years, but it's so expensive. :(

    Okay. I can relate so much to this post. I'm passionate about fashion, but when it comes to my personal style identity...I just haven't figured that out yet. I'm sometimes very Lula or Frankie, then I'm sometimes kind of Elle, then I'm sometimes kind of Nylon. It's inspiring to see all the different fashion bloggers who really cemented their style into their blogs, and I always like pieces of everything I see. I'd like to really get that sense of establishing my own look soon. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, awesome post. :) I have never purchased either magazine. I love the way they look, and the certain images I see online of them. But I don't buy many fashion magazines anymore. Why? Because I can see the trends everywhere else and I always try to keep my own style.

    I love to window shop online and in town and then go pick out later what fits my personality. I am a mix of so many different things, but my personal style always goes back to a classic aesthetic. I like edgy, thrown together looks and I love girly stuff! But I am a mix of those plus classic. :) I think everyone's a mix!!! That's the fun. Real life style isn't about fitting into one category.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jen Thanks!!!

    @Casee Marie I understand exactly! I just think its important not to box yourself in and think, well, I'm feeling whimsy today, thats what I'm defined as for ever! really explore and try things that you may have always wanted to try but have been in a rut, or afraid (preaching to myself with this too! lol)

    @Gabrielle, I think thats why I read Nylon. It was one of the first fashion mags I've ever wanted to continue buying because its not (in my opinion) all about becoming an android, and looking like everyone else. It's like a book of inspiration for you to pluck out some details you like, kick the ones you don't, and just get some new ideas, you know. Also has some great bits about music/and arts going around. Lula as well, its so expensive, but its more an inspiration piece than a Teen Vogue or Elle, telling you to dress one way or not. But I understand! Thank you for saying what you did about categories, because even though life's not about that, people always wanna fit you in one, you know? And I think im a mix a classic as well! Who doesn't like a but of Audrey, a bit of vintage 40's, 50's, and 60's. I think I just threw classic in there with my girly whimsy side, lol. End rant. !

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails