16.9.11

Happy Whimsy Day to Me: Meanderings + an Outfit post...well sort of...

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to me! I praise God for life, and for allowing me to turn another glorious year: 26. I must say that this years' birthday came easy with a sparkling sun and warm breezes, right before plunging into the crisp wind, burnt sienna colored Autumn it is today. I was privileged to share it with my sister and crime, Ash, as we made our way from 71st street to 23rd street (on foot, mind you!). 

Photobucket
What's that I'm reading? The Hidden by Jessica Verday. Such a wonderful series, and a beautiful
accessory to my vintage look.

Photobucket
Dress and Earrings: Forever 21
Makeup: MAC and Rimmel London Lipstick in Diva Red
Flower Hair Clip: H&M
Dedicated to Jen @ Style Through Her Eyes.
I had the MOST fun getting myself all dolled up to saunter through city streets slowly...as if I was someone to observe. I had to get my mom to help me fix my Victory Rolls, they prove most challenging, but in the end, I was happy with the result. My Dad bought me this lovely dress as a birthday present, and I admit, it's a little different than I'm used to, but change is inevitable. 

First stop...Ladurée New York! 

Photobucket

My last trip to the infamous Ladurée was in the majestically lovely tea room on the Champs Élysées. Pure Brilliance! I never imagined that my next visit would be on Madison Avenue, my own backyard. It's great to know I can have true macaroons whenever I get a taste for them. Whew, expensive though. This small luxury box of six ran for around $21, nevertheless, the birthday girl will have what she wants!
I love that if you look too closely at the outside of the shop, you'd never know it wasn't Paris! Ash got the chance to try them for the very first time, and she loved them! Now I can add a black box to my collection, which I plan to decorate my inspiration room/area with!

Photobucket

Our next stops took us to a long block of Thrift shops on 23 St and 2nd avenue. We frenzied through each one, hoping to find some thrifted treasures, and in some we did, but none would compare to the dream we found in the Opera House Thrift Shop. It's seriously, one of the best thrifting experiences in New York City. It's chock full of wonderful antiques, quirky odds and ends, and clothes that could've seriously been purchased on Madison at affordable rates. The beauty of it is that all of the sale proceeds go to the upkeep and creation of costumes for performances at the New York City Opera House. I love to know I'm taking part in someone's artistically profound experience at the Opera House.  Ash and I went through their collection with glee, and she even found me a lovely pink dress from Forever 21 for $10! I can't get over it! Even though I'll now have to wait until next summer, God Willing, it's well worth it! I'll definitely be taking multiple trips there, and considering laying off of the commercial shops for a while.

My birthday was beautiful, and I look forward to other whimsy days!

Hope you guys are priming for an awesome weekend!


5 comments:

  1. I love your hair, and your dress! And i must say, the window display at Ladurée looks so lovely. I really do wish we had one here. I'm glad your birthday was so enjoyable. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you dedicate your outfit post to me? You're too sweet! I have to say that it you did a wonderful job of it! You'd never know it was your first time sharing your outfit with your readers. You look absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you had such a great Birthday. I'm sure the macarons added to much of the happiness. I really hope to try them someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Britta, I love the look, and the flower in your hair really set the period mood. Happy Birthday to you.
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday! I love your dress, and your hair looks so pretty! It sounds like you had a lovely birthday. I want Laudree in my town, now! I really want to try macarons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry I'm just getting to see this post, girly! You look stunning! I saw the picture outside Laduree on Facebook and my heart melted, just too cute. I love the dress, it really adds to your whole vintage-inspired vibe. And the macarons! It's a shame they're so expensive, but definitely worth it on a special day. (And I would totally save the box, too.) I'll also have to write down the address of that thrift store - shopping and supporting an opera house? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails