29.10.10

Go Mental In Manchester

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Manchester to shop and all but go mental in the city! I went with my lovely 'elvin' sister Charlene, and we had a blast. I told my Mom that it was like being back home in New York, but with whimsical accents!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"The Shakespeare"


Where I Shopped/What I snagged
Photobucket
Photobucket

We literally spent most of our day in Primark, Britain's equivalent to Target. Ladies, if you were there, you would have balked at how affordable everything is, especially the accessories! I bought a pair of what I'd like to call 'Demolition Boots'(£18/$28). In Bangor, you need an awesome pair of boots, due to its mountainous plains; But, they don't always have to look like bulky sports shoes. I love them! I feel like they add a bit of a punk/Doc Martens vibe to any outfit. You all should see me strutting up and down hills like I could care less about anything...but the Lord, and art!  I also bought this lovely Bow Necklace (£2.50/$3.96)! I've never seen anything like it, so I had to snag it! Gives any outfit an Alice in Wonderland feel! I purchased black, heart patterned hosiery, and also a headband with a white feather, and rhinestone applique. (Sorry, totally forgot to get a photo of those!).

Photobucket
Charlene totally relieved to find a Starbucks

And My Steps Towards Confident Posing
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ladies and Gentlemen, My Author Bio Pic!

Photobucket
Lastly, OH MY GOSH, Mr. Softy has nothing on the soft ice cream in Manchester. It's a creamy cloud!

{P.S- I've filmed a video of my experience in Manchester, feel free to check it out!}

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that bow necklace is such a statement piece. I love it! It's so feminine and yes, very much Alice in Wonderland-ish (lol).

    The pictures you took are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMYGosh you've been to Miss Selfridge?! I'm so excited I can barely type.

    OK, wow, love the bow necklace. Ideas are popping into my head now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Manchester! How i miss you :P Great post my elvin sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Miss Selfridge. I'm officially jealous, haha.
    It looks like such a beautiful time you've been having! So exciting. I love your new purchases, and gimme that ice cream please. <3

    By the way, you should totally try NaNoWriMo this year. It's really great to help force the words out because it's all about writing fast and worrying about the editing later. It's a great way to just jump-start your novel and then you can go back and build on it after. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is that stick in the ice cream? looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails