26.10.11

Dream Again, Dream Catcher

Photobucket

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.- Jeremiah 29:11

So, you've started....and stopped. Started with gusto, fervor, zest....and then life got in the way. Insecurity, and voices from people less than thrilled that you've decide to jump out into oceans and obtain what's yours, have infiltrated your mind.

I've been writing my novel for the past five years. I began with such enthusiasm that no one could tell me I wouldn't have been a New York Times Bestseller by the end of that year. Then, I started to wonder if my writing could stand with all of those writer/geniuses out there. I took it to school, where I was affirmed, but I couldn't get the critiques out of my mind. I have since completed Graduate School where I was truly challenged to the point that I wondered if I should find another passion. One thing stands true now: I still want to write, and I will be published by this time next year, God Willing.

What do you want to do? What do you dream about? What sets your heart on fire, and captures your imagination in a way that nothing else has? This is your dream. This is one of the things you were created to do. It's taken me a long while to distance my actions from the critiques and negativity of others. You should always keep your ears open for constructive criticism of those who desire to see you succeed, but I recommend you obstinately close your ears to those who have negative intentions.

The Lord has created beauty even out of your short comings, your failings, and your seeming defeat. He has planned the grandest future of all for you. Trust Him, and look to His affirmation more than you look to the words of others to dictate your destiny. I challenge you today to sit down, and write out three of your greatest goals that you would love to see accomplished by next year this time. Pray about each one according to the Will of the Lord. And then...make sure to take one step towards completing one of them before the day ends.

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. I love you, and I'm supporting you! I would love to know your progress. Do not lose heart.

As much as I affirm the dreamer, it's time to catch all of your sparkling, wonderful dreams, and push them into reality. Go on, you can do it!

Source: 1

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and inspiring post! It's never to late to dream and make them become a reality! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenmarie Thanks so much! I'm glad it inspired you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails