24.10.11

Britta Cooks: Tortilla Soup

Photobucket

In this latest feature on Forlesket, I thought I might chronicle my adventures in the culinary arts. I spend most of my time running away from the stove, not because I can't cook, but just because I never think to do it to the extent that my Dad does. My Dad is the King of the Pot in my eyes, injecting chickens with robust marinades, frying turkeys during Thanksgiving, and adding dark chocolate to savory stews. When I went to the UK, I befriended a few lovely women who I credit for enhancing my Welsh experience with wonderful food! These women, my Dad, and a bunch of beautiful photographs on Tumblr, inspired me to try my hand at actually cooking for the love and experience of tasting.

Whimpy Side: Heidi of Tilly and Kira had a hand in inspiring me as well. Her daily musings or crafting, baking, and overall whimsy delight make me smile! Please check her out!

Photobucket

Some months back, I came across a Vogue article showcasing Kristen Stewart's recipe for Tortilla Soup, and I endeavored to try my hand at it. I almost wish that Kristen would find a way to showcase all of her recipes, seeing as her co-stars have nothing but rave reviews of her culinary skills. 

I'm in love with Mexican food, and so this savory soup promised to be a mind-blowing addition to culinary repertoire.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kristen Stewart's Tortilla Soup recipe is PHENOMENAL! It serves as a fragrant mixture of flavors and seasons. Tangy, pungent flavors of lime blending with cilantro, cumin, and diced jalapenos gave me the feel of a warm summer night. Meanwhile, sprinkles of grated cheese mingling with the crunch of tortillas, green peppers, and flavorful broth is perfect for a Autumn or winter's night. My Dad told me that it reminded him of a cozy night-in, snuggling a blanket. My Mom's dubbed it 'Her Soup,' as she's a vegetarian, and would like for me to make this at least once a month. I love that this soup is a lot healthier than what I would normally choose for a night's meal, and it showed me that the right blend of seasonings can make a vegetarian dish incredibly flavorful.

Hmm....I wonder what I'll make next?!

Hope you guys are having an awesome week so far!

Source:  1

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I MUST try this recipe! It looks so delicious. I love this new feature of yours, and the new look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, fun! I'm always wishing I did more in the kitch - this soup (and your new series) may just inspire me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soup sounds very delicious, I'd love to try it out sometime! And thank you so much for mentioning me, it really makes me smile to know I've inspired you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gabrielle, thanks so much! I definitely recommend trying it, its EXCELLENT! Thanks for complimenting my blog decor, I needed a change!

    @Cassie Marie I hope so, and then I can steal some recipes from you!

    @Heidi It's no prob, you're so inspiring! Thanks for commenting, and I hope you try the soup!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails