18.8.11

Vintage Faves

Photobucket

Hello Dreamers,

(please forgive the hazy cell phone picture!)

I've really been getting my vintage on lately, and I have to admit, I love it! I feel so beautiful, its such a rush! Now, I'm ready to move on to heavier projects like Victory Rolls and wardrobe reenactment. It seems to take such artistry to be able to pull it off everyday, but one day/garment/pin curl at a time, ladies. 

Here are two special editions to the Vintage Blogasphere: 

Lisa Freemont Street has seriously made my Vintage life. How, you ask? She's posted a Victory Roll tutorial for bobbed hair. SCORE! I've just pilfered through the other videos, and her channel is a vintage treasury. She's an old fashioned girl, with the cutest accent, and admiration for all things Rockabilly/Vintage/Alternative.  She's filmed a variety of looks, makeup tutorials from flashy to dewy, tips...such a glorious youtube channel! Next to, Casey of Elegant Musings, she will be one of my go-to's from now on in regards to vintage living.  Another great hair reference are the ladies of the Vintage Hair LiveJournal! I actually found out about Lisa after posting a question about Victory Rolls. They showcase their own beautiful pictures of the styles they try out, and it's simply inspiring!




Photobucket
After checking out Lisa's channel, I noticed her review for a cosmetic line called Besame, and it seems like a dream. Besame is a line that prides itself on delivering the best vintage themed makeup. I'm talking authentic compacts/packaging, rouges, and lovely lipsticks all in shades that colored the 30s, 40s, and 50s. I would love to try out some of the products, as they seem authentic in quality, however their prices tend to be a bit expensive, possibly likened to the cheap ranges in Sephora. This Classic Color Lipstick retails for $22. Their 1930s Mascara ($18) has to be one of the most beautiful tubes I've ever seen, and I may take a chance on it, despite my normal disdain for mascara. Besame will be a definite future try for sure!

I know I continue to repeat myself, but in terms of style, this has been one of my very best decisions. Of course, I know when to switch it up and don my skinny jeans, and converses when I want to cool out. But, it's amazing to have such a wonderfully, transforming look to change it up. I may even try my hand at blending the two styles to truly make it my own!

What new things are you trying lately with style?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Britta,

    I'm trying lately to just use my makeup more, so that I get some practice in with applying them. So far, this attempt to do so...not working! But, when it does, I will attempt to use gel and liquid eyeliner on a regular basis, with a brush and small pot, so I could try regular and then more daring designs other than the extended eyelash line or cat eye or what have you. ;)

    Thank you for linking to Besame! I think it's a super name for a cosmetics company, since it means "kiss me" in Spanish.

    xo!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lisa! She has a really great blog, too. Lisa Freemont Pages, I believe. Have you checked out Super Kawaii Mama? She's super adorable and posts wonderful hair tutorials on YouTube. She was the one who first taught me how to do a beehive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lipstick looks like a dream and reminds me very much of Belle! I love it!

    I really want to see you do some outfit posts! Show us more of your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been intrigued by vintage hairstyles, but have never had much luck with them on my own hair. However, I think I'll check out some of the YouTube videos and see if I can be successful the second time around!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails