18.6.11

His Love outshines everything I feel naked without

Photobucket
"I Will Exalt You,
You Are My God.
Because You're With Me,
I will not fear."
I Will Exalt You | Hillsong United

You will show me the path of life; 
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. 
Psalm 16:11

I sat in my bed with my arms crossed in irritation. I wondered why my life turned out like this. Why am I still alone while everyone else is coupled up? Why don't I seem to get the jobs and positions I want while others seem to just breeze into it without a care? Why do I have to be set apart, while others can go with the flow? When? Who? What? Why? I looked up into the face of Jesus and wondered...What's the use?

Sometimes these moments rush in, unbridled tides, taking you by surprise. One moment you're content and the next, an overwhelming sense that you're in the back of an ever-winding line. You get mad and want to stomp away fully primed for a tantrum. That night, I pointed fingers at the Lord. But He looked down on me, and whispered in my ear, "Worship Me, daughter." This song ministered to me so vibrantly, I felt God within the first chords. I couldn't ignore His Spirit tugging at my heart, and I started to cry because in that moment I realized that His love outshines everything I feel naked without.

"Worship Me."

The Word of God says, in His presence is fullness and total joy. We train for years in university, or self teach ourselves many an awesome thing. But sometimes we forget that in the worship is our purpose. In the worship God fills us with joy, peace, and strength to go on living this life to its' brim. Jesus loves you so much! Sometimes we think of worship as something that takes away from self, but in fact, the Lord made it so that it not only glorifies Him, it benefits our spirits. How great a God He is that even in our worship of Him, He has us in mind. He didn't need to make us the center of His universe, but He chose us, loves us, plans whole sagas for us.

We don't have to be afraid of the future. We don't have to fear because people around us don't understand, or even if we ourselves don't understand just yet. Because He's with us, we have nothing to fear. Because He's with us, we don't have to fear being alone. He's waiting to fill every dip, gap, and void. If you let Him, He'll give you unexplicable joy that seems the stuff of dreams.

I encourage you to raise your arms to the stars like candle wicks and allow your Father to ignite your flame...for life, for love, and most importantly for His glory! Open your mouths in worship. For your keys to breakthrough, peace, joy...it all comes with the outpouring of love to your Father.

I pray this ministers to you tonight!


Source: We Heart It

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I can put enough enthusiam into my comment, but this post truly touched my heart. I've been feeling some of the same things lately, struggling with how come my business isn't where I want it to be and why am I still alone, etc. And you're right, we need to worship him more. I know I do!

    It's the thirst we long for. I just read a post on my etsy teams blog about this kind of: http://castteametsy.blogspot.com/2011/06/friday-finds-as-deer.html

    I needed this, your post and the other one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails