3.12.09

"Eang yw'r byd i bawb."


Photobucket

Photobucket



{the world is wide to everyone}

December, the month of miracles. With Jesus heralding in every possible miracle, its impossible for wonders to cease.

All I've heard today from people I love are screams, and this repetition of dreams coming true. They all keep holding me up as a trailblazer, a woman who stuck through for a dream. Do you know why?

It all started this morning at seven a.m., when I received a serendipitous email from Bangor University. I've been accepted to Bangor. A top school in the UK. God saw fit to bless me with this. It's been the craziest day I've ever experienced. How is this even possible?

I spent the entire morning deafened by screams of joy and awe, all the while thinking: is this even happening? It's been a year and a half journey to this waterspout that was drying in thoughts of quarter-life crises and other excuses why I am not succeeding. I'm still spellbound by the whole thing. I'm not sure if I've ever had so many people backing me so assuredly.  The best part of it is that it isn't just my dream coming true. I remember when I tweeted the news to my little cousin, and she responded, thanking God, and believing that dreams do come true. This is a huge step, and I believe I am one of the first (in my family) to trailblaze out of America, and forge a life spontaneously in a foreign land. I've been through such a long undergraduate journey, that for this to be the reward... its a miracle. My family have come to me saying how much this has inspired them to dream big, and to continue fighting for the things they want. Meanwhile I hardly see where its worth heralding, but I thank God that this can inspire someone to speak their dreams into existence, and make it happen, by His Grace.

This is a huge step for Britta kind because I am used to being scared. I would never have thought three years ago that I would be seriously about to transition in the United Kingdom. A part of me fears newness, to the point of rejecting it on first try. My first try as an undergraduate was a bit of a failure because I couldn't even last fifteen minutes away from my house, and I transfered, so that I could live at home. But thank God, He gives second chances. I'm sure I could've chosen any school out of state, but I've always dreamed England. And so I need to do this: something extraordinary. I need to travel to Narnia, and through Middle Earth, to discover myself, and God.

Sometimes you need to get out of your complacent house, establish home wherever you are, and trail blaze.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails