6.2.12

Inspira-Pad: Several Reasons I Love My iPad

Around a month ago, I can home to the very AWESOME SURPRISE of an iPad from my parents, and I haven't been able to separate from it since. I'll admit that I wondered how it would surpass the love I already had for my Mac, but when I started to explore everything I could do with it, I was pretty much SOLD. Here are my highlights:

Nylon for iPad


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

Nylon was one of the first iPad apps I downloaded, wondering what it would be like to read my favorite magazine electronically. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint. Not only do you view Nylon in pristine HD clarity, the iPad mag is filled with awesome goodies that enhance the print version. Scattered throughout are behind the scenes videos from featured photoshoots and interviews, tap through features that go right to the websites of the brands you love,and links to preview featured music straight away.

YouVersion Bible
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
YouVersion is one of the best Bible applications on the net, what with loads of translations to choose from, note taking, and connections to various studies, you'll always be refreshed in God on the go!

Flipboard
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
I cannot say enough about this amazing social networking application. Not only does it link up your various networking accounts, it organizes them into a stunning magazine-like interface, highlighting important posts across the board. There's no better way to keep up with all of my blogging/tweeting/tumbling faves!

Barnes & Noble Nook/ Amazon Kindle/ Apple iBooks
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Can I tell you how awesome it is to finally have every single e-novel you own, no matter the carrier, in one place? Finally, I'm free to to purchase from any bookseller! But one thing that makes reading novels on the iPad extra special, are the additions that publishers include with iPad versions. Two awesome examples are Penguin's On the Road by Jack Kerouac, and the newly released Young Adult novel Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral ($6.99). The iPad edition of On the Road ($16.99) not only gives you the brilliant novel, but unseen peeks into Jack Kerouac's life, old photographs, sound bites of his own recordings, and interactive maps that trace his journey within the novel. With the novel Chopsticks, you get to experience a completely different interpretive expression of what a novel is. Told in stunning photographs, old news paper clippings, and music clips, this haunting love story allows you to interact with the story. You can sort though photographs, watch instant message conversations as if you are privvy to their private moments, and more. (I'll have a more in depth review of Chopsticks on Novel Days very soon). Though it doesnt replace print, it definitely compliments it.

Diaries/ Organizers
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

I feel, for the first time, that I have a shot at being an efficient blogger. I don't know what it is about these little devices, but they make you want to be more organized. Reminders and Calendar are pretty awesome organizers. I've since begun to plan posts for my various blogs well ahead of time, and it feels so good!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

For my lovely Fashion Bloggers out there, you'll love Christian Dior's, Dior Addict Diary. It's such a beautiful planenr, with a new gorgeous photograph accompanying each day. (Con: There are some glitches, which include deleting past entries at times. I just record my plans in both Calendar, and Dior).

NoteShelf
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
As you all may know, I'm crazy for journals! I love personalizing them, pasting in photographs, getting out my glittery pens and going to town! NoteShelf ($5.99) allows me to do just that on the iPad. Of course, it does not  take the place of print journaling, but every year, I try and find a different way to journal...this allows me to explore a new form! NoteShelf allows you to create loads of journals, choose different kinds of pages, from simple lined/plain, to notation or even sports centric interfaces. The shot above is a picture of what I'm calling my LookBook: all of my style inspirations/loves in one place.  Another awesome app is Bamboo Paper! Perfect for all of you artists out there! Bamboo has even created a Stylus especially for this application.

iAWriter
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
For all my writers out there who tire of bringing their laptops with them everywhere, you will love iAWriter ($8.99). It offers a clean, writing space, for undisturbed writing! I love it. Makes it easy to flesh out your characters, or that new string of dialogue, or even record fresh ideas into an application that doesn't seem un-user friendly.

I've named my iPad, Celia, a.k.a the Inspira-Pad, because I literally carry all of my inspirations with me. Within seconds, I can jot an idea down, view beautiful photography, listen to my favorite music, or watch wonderful films. It has most of the tools needed to get to work, and bring out the productivity in you (the networking problem will never be eliminated ;-)).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails