6.8.11

Summer, Invisible Dissertations, and Newbies

Photobucket
Photobucket

Hello Dreamers!

How's your summer coming along? Mine has been pretty busy as I've returned home at the end of July! It's been a real kick to see my family and friends after being away for so long.

Updates

The first thing I did when I arrived back in NY was get my hair relaxed (Thank God!) and cut into a cute little bob. I've been having such fun doing Dita Von Teese inspired hairstyles. I totally see myself making the transformation to vintage living bit by bit. There's a sense of romantic drama that comes with curling your hair for no reason save to look and feel beautiful. I purchased my subtle cat eye sunnies from Urban Outfitters in pink for $14. A few years ago you couldn't catch me wearing sunglasses! Loving this change! I've also been wearing more flowing dresses, yet in the past, I was a bit self conscious about my legs. I think I'm living my most confident summer yet!

Novel Days

I've really started to consider my reasons and purposes for blogging. I'm constantly inspired by Casee Marie (The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower) and Jen of Style Through Her Eyes, and Gabrielle of Cinderbella's. They each have a way of imbuing their personality into their content, all the while maintaining a professional presentation. I tend to frequent loads of fashion blogs because I adore them, however I never felt completely at home enough in this genre to pursue it professionally. I've wondered where to place Forelsket, and I've decided that it is truly a place for my inspirations with hopes that it will inspire others to live their lives to the fullest. Nevertheless, I wanted a blog that could be used as a portfolio of sorts on a professional level. I have no idea why this came as such an epiphany, but the thing that comes most naturally to me is reading and writing. What's the best choice for me? Book Blogging. I'm sure none of you are surprised!

I wanted to find a community kind of like the Independent Fashion Bloggers, as they have done a fantastic job of creating a networking haven for bloggers. After scouring the net, I learned that book bloggers have tons of similar communities. I'm very excited about this because there's nothing I would love more than to work with books for the rest of my life (When I'm not writing them, of course)! There's an event called Book Blogger Appreciation Week that just happens to start on my birthday this year. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is!

With this in mind, I've gone ahead and made my Novel Days category into an actual blog! It feels so right. I've been making goals of where I would like to see it (God Willing) a year from now. I would love to have the opportunity to interview authors, receive Review copies of novels before their release, a chance to be a nominee during Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2012, and the opportunity to go to book conferences. I'll share my journeys with you every step of the way.

From now on, all of my book reviews will be posted at Novel Days...speaking of Reviews: I have one up for Passion by Lauren Kate, feel free to check it out!

Question: If you follow Book Blogs, what suggestions would you have for someone starting out? What else would you like to see on a blog of this nature? (Thanks to all who help!)

In the Midst of all of this, I've a 20,000 word dissertation due by September 30th. It's funny how these lovely little distractions come to blind you to what you should be focused on.

I hope you all are having a wonderful summer, and wish you many blessings in all of your goals for this season!

Stay Dreaming!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Britta,

    you have a fresh and honest voice. Congratulations on not being afraid to be you. Stay the course and your dreams will come true.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute, so very Dita! Loving the hair and the fab cat-eyes. And so excited to see where your blogging adventures will take you! You'll make a fabulous book blogger! I think the only other full-on book blog I follow is Tales of Whimsy, do you know Juju? She's wonderful, and such a sweetie. I also just recently came across Stiletto Storytime which looks marvelous. Otherwise I follow a few bloggers who do the same thing I do, mixing book reviews into the content with fashion and whatnot.

    Anyway! Following Novel Days now - knock 'em dead, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your new hair-cut! The style is so you! Your new shades are lovely too. I'm obsessed with the cat eye!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I think it's important for all bloggers to step back from time to time and reevaluate their blog. It will help to keep yourself on the path you wish to continue on and your blog will be an even better one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer, Invisible Dissertations, and Newbies <---that's what i was looking for
    Literature Review Examples

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails