14.8.11

A Rainy little evening at the Blue Note + Updates

Tonight was quite a beautiful night indeed. My Sis, Ashley, took me out to see the lovely Jane Monheit at the legendary Blue Note lounge. The Blue Note is an iconic jazz lounge in New York City. Every jazz great has stepped inside of its' walls with their bass,' saxophones, and lulling piano melodies to perform.

Jane Monheit has one of the most classic voices...almost like the Judy Garland of our time, except in Jazz. It was lovely to sit merely steps from her, and her band, and hear the most beautifully smooth music. She performed one of the greatest renditions of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," that I've ever heard. At the end of the night, Ash and I even got her to autograph our books and cd! She's a wonderfully down to earth person, it's refreshing to see!

I'm sure that a great deal of my wedding songs will be collected from her portfolio of masterpieces! You fall in love, you dance a jig, you dream...all of the things done when in the presence of an Artist with clearly God given talent.

Here's a video of Jane Monheit singing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow':


During the past week, I've also achieved a huge goal of mine: Interviewed an author for a Q&A! Novel Day's has only been open for one week and already it has 21 followers, 4 book reviews, and an interview with the awesome Rebecca Donovan. Rebecca has written an ambitious, heart wrenching, and astounding novel called Reason to Breathe, about a young woman dealing with abuse and the people in her life who remind her to love. I couldn't put it down, and the ending is mind-blowing. After I finished I had to seek out the author to discover more answers about her cast of characters and writing process, and I was blessed to get in contact and have her gladly accept my request of an interview! It was a brilliant experience.  By God's Grace, there will be many more to come!

Have a lovely week, and keep on dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails