2.8.11

Spotlight: 'Our Deal'-Best Coast Music Video


Edit: The first video I posted was taken down, so I've replaced it with the new extended Director's Cut. However, it's via MTV...so if you're not in the US you might not be able to play it.)

This tale begins with two rival gangs: one to rule the day, and one to rule the night.  Soon after, an incredibly dreamy song becomes the soundtrack of fights, wars, and the glory of young love. 

I heard this song while channel surfing past MTV tonight. I adored the fusion of 50s and 60s sounds. I pictured sock hops and poodle skirts, or a swinging beach party, and I said, why not? I looked up the song and discovered that the amazing Drew Barrymore  directed the video, and starred adorable youngsters: Chloe Moretz, Tyler Posey, and Miranda Cosgrove. This video embodied such classic rival stories like The West Side Story and Romeo and Juliet, but stayed fresh. The fashion is ridiculous (in an awesome way), fusing the classics of the 50s, 60s, and 80s. I'm sure there's some other influences tucked away in there some how.

I got a kick out of watching this story unfold, and feeling my heart plunge into my stomach at the ending.

Happy Dreaming!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Britta, reading the description for the video was nice but the video seems to have been removed by the user!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails