3.11.10

NaNoWriMo...three days in

Photobucket

It's that time again! NaNoWriMo! For those of you who don't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, and it's a world wide 'competition of sorts' where everyone puts pen to the grind to write their novels in a months time. I have been positively infatuated with this month since I was 18 years old! There's something electric about having such a stringent deadline to write this epic piece of genius! I'm sure there are many a pages burned, ink stained fingers, eraser dust littered desks, and clenched idea saturated foreheads. Isn't it lovely! 

This month, I'm considering being an unofficial NaNoWriMo participate where I actually test myself to get the novel written (or rather, the bones of it). I've been 'writing' my novel for almost 4 years, and I'm beginning to realize it's me holding my own self back, so why not just get it all out! There comes a time where a piece is left so long to analyze, it becomes almost a stumbling block, DONT LET IT GET THERE! WRITE!

That brings me to NaNoWriMo gifts. I've decided to try to post little writing tidbits every day of this month: Book recommendations/excerpts that have helped me, quotes, and websites I adore! 

Happy Writing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, four years seems like such a long time. I hope that you'll be able to finish it. Remember you can do all things in Christ who strengthens you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Last year I was going to try unofficially, but I figured that if I didn't have the pressure of the site's word count I wouldn't get it done, haha. I hope it will help you get psyched up for tackling that four-year novel! I've had ideas that have lingered that long, but I rarely do anything with them. NaNo is great because it forces the ideas down. They aren't always pretty when they're rushed out like that, but it's the first step in a passionate and wonderful process. (:

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails