10.11.10

"I was with Edward in my happy place"

Photobucket

THIS IS NOT A HATE POST! 

I'm shaking my head right now because I knew that I would eventually end up taking back the scathing review of my first read, and giving it another shot.  Why? Because it's been so disappointing to believe that the last book, the one we'd all been waiting for, was such...a disheartening mess. Its hard, coming from the Twi-Crazed history I have. 

Now, I wont go into details of everything I hated, because, there's no point. But, I hope that after reading it again, I see things differently! Perhaps, I can be reformed. I have friends who think that this book was the very best one in the series, and it makes me wonder if we read the same novel.

Photobucket


Being a girl, of course I already LOVED reading about Edward and Bella getting married, and making love for the first time! So with that love in mind, I'll forge forward. 

What did you think of the novel? Yay or Nay? Encourage me! :-).

{EDIT: My Breaking Dawn Rant<-----, Some were asking what my dislikes were, so I leafed through some old Live Journal posts (memories!), and I found them. But I love that even then I was dissatisfied with my response, and wanted to give it another try}


Source: We Heart It | Barnes and Noble

4 comments:

  1. You and I already spoke about this quite a bit, but you know, go for it! Nothing wrong with giving something another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Breaking Dawn! But I told you that already. It's my second favorite in the series. But I'm scared of how KStew is going to pull of this sexy vampire stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the only one in the series I haven't read. I (accidentally) read spoilers and just wasn't really interested in where the story was going. That happened to me with Harry Potter, too. The only series I'm really following right now is Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series (the books the HBO show True Blood is based on) and even those are starting to go places I'm not quite thrilled with. It can be so difficult if you really fall in love with the characters in a book and the author makes abrupt changes that don't work. It can really ruin the entire series for you. I hope you're able to enjoy it more this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember it really. What did you not like? Were there any specifics?

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails