2.1.10

Wow. Lovely.

Why am I intrigued with this show?

Photobucket

I am later than most who've been watching since series one. Plus, in America it doesn't seem to be quite as widespread. But being a lover of British everything, when I heard of SKINS, I thought, ah..why not?

Slight Review.
Seriously, we thought Degrassi went there. But these kids make them look like Sesame Street. I remember watching the first episode with my mouth wide open the entire time. Profanity, sex and drugs for days. I was both disturbed, and interested to see where it went. The next parts in the series go harder and harder with the drug abuse and lurid sex. However, as a writer, I can respect the creation of interesting characters. If you divert your attention from all of the debauchery, you see each character seems lost in their own ways. None of the characters are carbon copies of others we've seen before, which is awesome! For the most part, the show isn't a carbon copy.

RATED: MA. Definitely not the most kid friendly show. However, not one for censoring, this stuff does go on in high schools during real time. This show reminds me we have loads to pray about, and people to pray for. :-).

Favorite Character

Photobucket
Cassie.
She reminds me of a character of mine.
She's enigmatic. At first {in the first episode} I thought: Wow, I didn't know they had valley girls in England. However, her story has many more layers than that. She's been neglected so much that she drowns it all out, as a child would while colouring outside of the lines. Cassie's both sunshine and rainbows, while being completely aware of trauma.

I am happy that


Photobucket
This kid grew up from the film, About A Boy. Very handsome!

I love that: the jingle of the show twinkles as if there's nothing wrong in the world.


off for now, kiddies.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails