24.12.09

Chinnamerig

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my tree Chinnamerig. I dubbed him this after smelling his scent outside of my apartment door when my parents surprised me with him. We haven't had a tree in two years, so it was a serendipitous surprise. The name just came out of my mouth as I jokingly grappled for one, and it stuck!

I hoped to make him an eclectic tree, so I dug out my valentines day angel bear/heart lights, and strung them along his bottom half. We haven't completely dolled him up yet, but he's perfect to me. Smaller than the monstrous trees we've had, but just right.

I thank my Lord Jesus for getting my family and I through this year. He helped me to achieve such amazing feats this year, from graduation to getting into graduate school, and continued to provide for us! He's truly a marvelous God, I love Him, and thank Him for saving us!

Even though its a bit too late, as retail has caused me to completely lose sight of really celebrating this season the way it should be, here's what I would've done. I find the singer 'A Fine Frenzy,' to be quite intriguing. She's like a more eclectic Jewel. She's come out with a Christmas album, and although I don't have it, it inspired me to wonder how she would decorate. I can imagine it would be natural and DIY. Handmade birds nests of twigs adorning the trees, asymetrical stars, or snowflakes made from yarn, or cut from construction paper. Steaming cocoa in an adorable ceramic mug. There's probably more, but I am a bit exhausted. I just know it would be homey, and wonderful.

Tonight, I even got to see the huge tree in Rockefeller Center! It seemed to be even more gorgeous than it was last year! Good times.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Cheers

Photobucket

2 comments:

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails