26.10.09

Thirty days and nights of literary abandon...well, maybe a bit longer

Photobucket
{picture from weheartit.com}


It's that time again! Nanowrimo makes November extra special. It's the only month dedicated to throwing yourself into your novel, with its crazy plot-lines, unicorns, talking saltshakers, really whatever your imagination can dream up! I've never participated, but I love listening to the podcasts, hearing how everyone's going with their novels, how they're up until questionable hours of the night...or morning really cranking it out.

This month I thought maybe I should participate. I've been writing my novel for like three years now. I am so tired of putting it off, and getting lost in my ideas, and reading other novels to get inspiration. So even though I wouldn't actually be participating in NANOWRIMO, I figured that looking at that tag in the sidebar would get my juices flowing too! Also, observing one of my good writing buddies totally dedicate himself to his script is really moving. I think watching anyone go hard for something they really love is moving. The basis of my novel is about dreams coming true anyway, so I figure through this, my own will come true. It's a deliverance of sorts for myself.

The only novel I'll probably read is, The Bad Mothers' Handbook by Kate Long. I need to brush up on my British accents because most of my characters are Brits. I love it!

I've been so caught up in writing my statement that my novel time has been seriously lacking.

I am ready to put my writers cap back on, and get back to work!

cheers

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails