12.11.10

Nano Gift No. 7: 10 Golden Rules of Lomography

Photobucket

I love Lomography! Lomo's are those photographers you see carrying vibrantly colored toy camera's, hoping to take the one shot that paints a world through their own eyes. I even bought my own Diana + Dreamer, which takes dreamy little chimeric photographs that are perfect for storytelling. Lomo camera's photograph the world in the way that a novel captures galaxies. So here's a nonconventional Nano Gift. Lomography lists their 10 Golden Rules, and if you replace the word 'camera' or 'Lomography' they can be used for writing. And really other aspects of life.

  • Take your camera everywhere you go

  • Use it any time – day and night

  • Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it

  • Try the shot from the hip

  • Approach the objects of your Lomographic desire as close as possible

  • Don't think (William Firebrace)

  • Be fast

  • You don't have to know beforehand what you captured on film

  • Afterwards either

  • Don't worry about any rules



  • Source: Lomography | Photo

    1 comment:

    1. Love it! Do you like your Diana? I'm crazy about Lomography and I've secretly wanted a Diana for yeeears, but I was never able to justify it because I'm not much of a photographer. I'm really shy about whipping my camera out in public. I figure that makes me very much not a photographer and so I have no business wanting a Diana! Haha.

      ReplyDelete

    Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

    xxx
    Britta

    Photobucket

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails