2.11.09

Elements of Style

I
am definitely a fashion dilettante, who hordes issues of Teen Vogue and Lula like treasures, yet hasn't really allowed myself to fully explore further.

Now that I've graduated college, I have a lot more time to sit and think on how I can update my style. This year I've taken the time to actually experiment a bit with colours, styles, and hair. Thankfully, Megan of Charade Style , has managed to write and entire series dedicated to finding your own personal style. It's packed with nuggets of inspiration that encourage you to find styles that flow from your own tastes, and not just another instructional on how we all should jump on the bandwagon and follow the trend.

It seems most styling dilemmas have less to do with what's worn, and more to do with the confidence of the wearer. This is not to say that there aren't certain garments, and other unmentionables which should be retired and never seen again {in my opinion, endless florals, and any kind of animal prints fit this mold}. However, if you feel confident, and lovely in animal prints or florals, your confidence could totally turn a fashion don't into something fresh, and well...you!

This is what I am after. Although, I've always been kind of blah with fashion, whenever I decided to pretty myself up, I was would never walk down the road of status quo. This year I've decided to kind of fuse all of my fashion likes together to create something all my own.

fashion1
fashion1 by brittany-megan featuring Forever21


I love mixing vintage with new garments. I love whimsical, girly garments with bows and lace. I love punky studs, bright colours, sometimes neon. I love certain garments with polka dots. I love incorporating accessories with cameo pieces, vintage lockets, pearls {faux}. I love mixing classy {maybe even straight laced/conventional} with artistic, abstract oddities. I am twenty-four, there's no reason I should be shrouding myself in black potato sacks. I am learning this day by day. I usually don't like very bright things that bring attention to myself. However, as much as I would rather limit certain bright colours, I learned that it was the attention I was afraid of. So I now incorporate more of these accents, because they are fresh, individual, and fun! Who can beat that? I don't want to be obnoxious, but I don't want to be invisible any longer.

Cheers.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I have enjoyed reading your blog, I love all the images you have used, feels like reading your personal scrapbook/journal, nice. Totally get the British thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! thanks so much! it really means alot. Its almost like gold getting comments! I would love to see your blog if you have one!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails