7.11.09

Can you point me the way to Bibliophilia?

Photobucket

Photobucket
{google images}
{Hye-On-Wye}

As I consider what life will be like when I go to graduate school in Bangor, Wales next year, I'd like to think that I will be able to visit some cool places hidden behind the United Kingdom's great landmarks and cities. Hye-On-Wye is literally the land of books. There are books strewn across its sidewalks. Secondhand books, new, ancient, poetic, a library around every turn. Barnes and Noble is my second home. If I got a chance to visit this place, I don't know what kind of literary seizure I would have! Not to mention, there's always something special about quaint little towns, with beautiful landscapes. Although, I am quite sure billions have visited this place, it almost seems like I've chanced upon a secret place to get away from it all!


Photobucket

Photobucket
{google images}
{Volterra}

(No throwing stones, people!) Yes, its the infamous Volterra from the Twlight Series! It's a beautiful town, hidden in the splendor of Tuscany. It's possibly over two-thousand years old! Aside from walking down its cobbled streets, dreaming up Edward about to step out into the light of the sun, in the square for the first time, there's something about ancient towns. I often wonder what it would be like to live there. Would I see life differently than I do, seeing as I am a New York City chick, used to fast paces and even faster people with sharp tongues? Either way, this would make an excellent destination getaway!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails