19.5.11

"We turned at a dozen paces, for love is a duel, and looked at each other for the last time."

Photobucket

I'm totally looking forward to this film! Jack Kerouac is one of the dreamiest gifts in writing history. Although, I haven't finished reading On the Road, there's something epic about it. Even if I come away from the novel not as enthused about the story itself, the writing is too jazzed not to be admired or appreciated. The fact that it's autobiographical is something special. It's like he's mythologized his own life, documenting his moments not in stark mundanities, but rather in sensational reality. It's brilliant!

This film stars none other than one of my favorite people: Kristen Stewart. I remember when I first heard that she was cast as Marylou. It's totally perfect for her, and I look forward to seeing her portrayal. Due to the phenomenon that is Twilight, it's almost as if the world has forgotten that she was/is a grade A, indie actress, primed for films highly rated by academics and hipsters alike. It's time for the world to see her (and every other actor in Twilight) in a different light! And what a light to be cast in! 

Photobucket

Now, I've got to challenge myself to have this novel finished by the end of the summer. I've both Penguin and Kindle editions...nothing should stop me!

Gosh, I'm so excited for this film. Hopefully, both novel and book will have me going:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for visiting, and leaving a comment! Normally I respond here! Thanks again!

xxx
Britta

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails